At Shuttleworth College, we take our responsibility to our community seriously. In this unprecedented time, we know that many of our staff, parents, carers and community want to help those affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, but aren’t sure where to start.
We have the facilities and administration to support our community and we want to help.We have set up a JustGiving page to:
– Allow us to buy raw materials from which our students (the children of keyworkers currently in school) can create visors and other PPE equipment to be donated to healthcare settings and residential homes, where need is rising
– Allow us to buy other PPE items for donation and delivery straight to healthcare settings and residential homes
– Provide any necessities for frontline keyworkers, especially where those workers are isolated from their homes and families
– Donate surplus donations to Burnley & Padiham foodbanks
– If you’re now working from home, could you donate what you would normally spend on fuel in a week?
– If you usually treat yourself to a coffee on the way in to work, could you donate what you usually spend?
Please only donate if you are currently being paid. We do not want you to put yourself or your family in any financial difficulty.
The fund will be administrated by Mr Al-Khatab, Assistant Headteacher/ Head of Science.
Files to support the printing of 3D visors are available by email to Phil Lund, DT Technician, at email@example.com